Find out how to get a lot of benefits while studying at college. When it comes to shopping, traveling, etc., there’s a number of ways you can get a discount.
6 Benefits You Can Get as a Student
For some, student years are the best years of their lives. No matter how difficult your studies are, there is always time for having fun and hanging out. To most grown-up people, having fun is associated with spending lots of money. The good news is that students don’t need that much money to make the most of their college years. Below are a few tips on how you can save money and get discounts for just being a student. Check them out and use them for both hanging out and studying.
How to Save Money Being a Student?
Here are 6 things that you can do to save money being a student:
- Traveling by train and plane as well as using public transport in the city can be cheaper for you as a student. Find out where you can get a student travel pass in your city, and you will be able to get around for less. Also, you can buy online train and airplane tickets via some websites, which will allow you to get to your hometown or to travel around the country with a big discount. Besides, travel enthusiasts can take advantage of special student deals offered by some travel agencies. If you’re planning a trip, check out available tour packages first or look for hotel and ticket discounts.
- Shopping discounts. You could have thought that shops are made to make money on you, and it’s quite true. But as long as you’re a student, you can save up to 20% when shopping at some brand stores. Eddie Bauer, Topshop, Oasis, Madewell, Banana Republic, and much more will give you a chance to buy clothes cheaper if you only show your student ID. For online shopping with benefits, register for Amazon Prime Student membership program. A large number of exclusive deals will be waiting for you as well as the access to Prime Videos, Prime Photos and free shipping for the next 6 months.
- Studying at a college or a university, you will most likely have the access to a gym on campus or at your dorm for free. However, if you want to work out somewhere else, you can use your ID and get a student membership at one of the gyms in the city. There are many gyms that work like that. If you’re in need of some sports equipment or clothes, check out Eastern Mountain Sports or Champ Sports. Student discount deals can reach up to 15% there. Also, you can save on tickets to sporting events, especially the ones that your college hosts.
- Studying. Being a student, you surely want to save on studying. There are websites (e.g. Guilford Press) that sell school supplies, textbooks, periodicals, and other stuff that can be useful for your studies with a discount. You can also address academic writing companies to get help with your homework at an affordable price (for more information click here: https://do-my-essays.com/blog/a-guide-to-writing-an-argumentative-essay/). Such services usually follow the principle “the earlier you order, the less you pay”. Also, they may have some “refer a friend” programs, which work very well in a student community.
- Dining out and entertainment. Restaurants, cafes, bars, and places of entertainment often have something to offer to a student too. Some of them give discounts during a certain day of the week, some others offer special coupons and vouchers for students, which you can use on any day. Not all businesses advertise their special student deals, which is why you’d better ask if you have hesitations. Some museums, theatres, and movies hold student nights. That usually means that you can get a discount or a second ticket for free if you show your student ID. Check the ads in a local newspaper or search for events on Facebook, and you will surely find a good deal.
- Colleges and universities usually offer campus health plans both for international and for domestic students. These plans cover the expenses you may face if you get sick or get a trauma. They mostly cost less than health plans from other providers and at the same time provide high quality medical care, which makes them a beneficial option for families with a lower income. So, if you’re not covered by your parent’s health insurance, you should definitely consider your school’s health plans.
Many well-known brands offer discounts for students. For example, Microsoft has a special Microsoft Office edition designed specifically for students, which costs less than the usual Office package. Similarly, Apple can give you about a hundred-buck discount on their devices if you take your ID to a store.
When you’re a student and you’re planning to make a purchase, check with the brands to see whether they have something for you or look for some offering via student discount platforms.
There is a number of cool websites that offer discounts in different categories from computer repair services to movie tickets and up to online magazine and journal subscriptions. Student Advantage, Student Universe, or Student Beans are some of the most popular ones.
You can shop there online, find local stores in your area, or even learn about the deals offered by your college, which you might not know about. If you sign up, you will receive weekly emails, telling you about the hot offerings. Thus, you will always be aware of the best ways to save money as a student.