What you see in on the television and in the magazines is only a small percentage of the modelling world. You don’t always have to be tall and skinny to be a successful model. If you look around you’ll find that there are hundreds of thousands products that are being advertised. Advertisers use different looks, different people for marketing different products according to various lifestyles.
There are many people around the world who dress like you and think like you, who could be your target audience as a model. So it’s not just about looks – it’s also about your personality and how you carry yourself.
Here are a few tips to help you get started on your way to become a successful model…
1. Be Confident: If you’ve got a model or an actor as a role model, it’s because of their confidence and charisma, which is exactly what you need to develop too. It’s about projecting yourself in a confident way with personality traits that others want to have. It’s these character traits that ultimately make you ooze confidence, style and charisma.
2. Take Care of Yourself: Being a top model is not just about looking good, but also feeling good. Right from taking care of your skin to your diet and fitness, you have to focus on feeling fabulous from the inside out. You have to take yourself more seriously than ever if you want the modeling world to take you seriously. If possible, consult with a nutritionist so that you start on the right track.
3. Get the Basics Right: Starting in the modelling industry on the right foot requires you to start with the basics since you won’t have a team of makeup artists and stylists at your beck and call. You will have to work on getting comfortable with makeup and styling your hair. It also helps to buy dresses from a place like Dress Prom to start dressing and feeling like a model.
4. Have Your Portfolio Done: You need to market yourself the right way, which is why you need a good portfolio. It should consist of a collection of about 10-15 amazing, high quality photographs of you that sell you. See to it that you have a headshot along with a full body shot in the images. Also make sure your statistics are listed right. Be honest in every way.
5. Find an Agent: The best way to go about this is to become your own agent where you find your own contracts. If not this, then you can find agencies that are right for you and approach them. The only thing that you need to remember is to never pay to join an agency.
There are many aspiring models who are struggling to make a mark because they’re making the whole process too complicated. But you don’t have to. Go ahead and apply the tips that we discussed above to start your modelling journey!