The Damaging Effects of Chemical-Laced Sunscreen Formulas
Do you want to engage in some outdoor activities, but you are hindered as a result of your sensitive skin? Maybe you have even slathered your skin with some SPF formulas to protect your exposed skin from the severity of UV rays which could bring about skin cancer, dark spots, etc. But these chemical SPF did more harm than good as it triggered redness or itching instead of helping to improve your complexion.
If that has been the case, then you are not alone; many individuals like you have had to endure the damaging effects of chemical-laden SPFs thereby initiating the onset of premature aging.
People with highly sensitive skin usually find it difficult to come across sunscreens that are perfect for their skin. This is because most of the popular mineral sunscreen for sensitive skin out there contains chemical UV blockers which don’t do well when applied.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Sunscreen for Sensitive Skin
According to a New York-based dermatologist, there are several factors you need to take into consideration whenever you need to get your hands on sunscreen, especially if you have reactive skin.
The #1 factor that you must always have at the forefront of your mind when shopping for sunscreen is to go for a mineral or physical sunscreen instead of chemically-loaded formulas. Chemicals may likely irritate while mineral sunscreens – especially the ones with titanium dioxide or zinc oxide such as the Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen – will be perfect and highly unlikely to trigger unwanted reactions on your skin.
The second factor that you should bear in mind is to go for a sunscreen with unscented formula. Most people with sensitive skin types are usually irritated by formulas loaded with fragrances. Go for sunscreen products with the words “Fragrance-free” or “Unscented” inscribed clearly on the labels as they are not likely to elicit undesirable results.
You should also take the time to read through other parts of the label on a sunscreen product. This is because there are so many hybrid sunscreen products out there on the market today and most of them do more harm than good to the human skin. Hybrid sunscreen products contain a combination of both chemical and physical UV filters.
As luck would have it, the skin-care market is always evolving, and organizations within this niche are creating products that are more skin-friendlier and less likely to cause irritations.
What You Need to Know About Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen
Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen is an innovative, mineral-based product that will leave your skin soft, smooth, and safe from the harsh UV rays out there. This sunscreen – which is tinted to enhance the natural color of your skin – is specifically designed for use by people with acne-prone and highly reactive skins.
Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen is a lightweight and gentle lotion that delivers potent UVA as well as UVB protection which promote the prevention of premature skin aging – i.e., dark spots, sagging, wrinkles, etc.
Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen also comes pre-loaded with a unique antioxidant-powered Vitamin E, a groundbreaking formula that is designed to combat the damaging effects of free radicals. The gentle sunscreen is also devoid of paraben, fragrance, and chemical filters.
The Ingredients Present In Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen
The following are the ingredients used in producing Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen:
- Titanium Dioxide – Titanium Dioxide is a naturally-occurring mineral with a high refractive index that is powerful enough to block UV rays effectively. It is highly recommended for use by individuals with acne-prone and sensitive skin. This is because of its gentleness on reactive skin when compared with the harsher UV-absorbing chemical sunscreens out there. It also works to provide lightweight but powerful broad spectrum SPF 50+ protection.
- Vitamin E – Naturally occurring in plant leaves and skin, the antioxidant powered Vitamin E helps in the neutralization of free radicals responsible for damaging human skin. It also has moisturizing as well as soothing properties.
How to apply Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen
- Shake the content of the 1.7 fl. Oz. – 50 ml bottle well before use
- Apply a generous slather of the Mineral Sunscreen in the morning, especially toward the end of your daily skincare routine.
- Do not, for any reason, allow the lotion to come in contact with your eyes!
- In case of accidental contact with eyes, rinse immediately and thoroughly with clean water for several minutes.
With the Ultra Light Daily UV Defense Mineral Sunscreen, you no longer must worry about using chemical-filtered mineral sunscreen for sensitive skin.