So, we have heard that Atlanta is a commercial hub and this and that. But that does not mean, it has nothing to offer to visitors. Actually, it is a sightseer’s dream. I mean, what else would a visitor want when there are gorgeous green spaces like Piedmont Park, entertainment places like the Fox Theatre, and one of the USA’s best panda exhibits at the zoo? Sounds like a complete vacation package, right?
Best Places to Visit
Atlanta is a treat for all. Be those history buffs who are fascinated by museums, or shopaholics who live another day to shop more things. Or, talk about night owls or party animals who will all find something; like bars and clubs; to keep their interest. And of course, sports aficionados can have amazing sights like the College Football Hall of Fame and Centennial Olympic Park. Whereas, families can fly to the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola, and other fun spots.
Here is a list of places you must visit or see when you plan your holidays in Atlanta:
- Atlanta History Center
- Martin Luther King Jr National Historic Site
- Piedmont Park
- Fox Theatre
- Atlanta Beltline
- Oakland Cemetery
- Centennial Olympic Park
- Fernbank Museum Of Natural History
- Ponce City Market
- Atlanta Botanical Garden
- Georgia Aquarium
- College Football Hall Of Fame
- Stone Mountain Park
- World Of Coca Cola
- Highmuseum Of Art
- Suntrust Park
- Mercedes- Benz Stadium
- Chattahoochee River National Recreation Area
- Center For Puppetry Arts
- Zoo Atlanta
- The Jimmy Carter Presidential Library And Museum
Best Places to Stay
The best hotels in Atlanta are ranked by the U.S. News & World Report based on industry awards, hotel star ratings, and user ratings. A gold badge is given to hotels which score well in the top 10 percent of the Best Hotels in the USA. After the ranked hotels, accommodations are listed by class and user rating.
Here is our pick for 5 best places to stay in Atlanta:
- The St. Regis Atlanta
- Four Seasons Hotel Atlanta
- The Ritz Carlton Atlanta
- The Whitley – a luxury collection Hotel
- Loews Atlanta Hotel
Best Places to Eat
Atlanta has some of America’s best eateries which can be beautifully designed restaurants, suburban strip malls, and hole-in-the-wall spots. With some of America’s best chefs, you can savor delicious meals in the town. Whether it’s quick meal you are looking for or an elaborated brunch; the city has got you covered. Because eating yummy food is truly one of the delights in Atlanta. And you must have heard that Americans L.O.V.E southern food.
The same goes for tourists. Here is our list of top 10 best places to eat in Atlanta:
- Staple House
- Atlas Restaurant
- Miller Union
Best Time to Visit
So, the winters are pretty badass. They freeze your social life like…. other things.
And the high summer is scorching. You can’t cherish outdoor activities.
The ideal time to visit Atlanta is spring; from March to May.
During this time, the weather is mild, which can make your holidays more fun as you can enjoy indoor as well as outdoor activities. Although many events are only accessible between June and August but not only Atlanta summers are unbearably hot and humid, but the room rates are sky high at this time.
If you really want to be frugal about your Atlanta trip, then you can plan your trip from December to February. Not only the accommodation rates dive, but it becomes a real delight for foodies.
Which Documents International Travelers Must Have?
If you are an international traveler who is going to explore the amazing Atlanta, you need to have a few documents with you all the time.
It’s mandatory. But under ESTA, visa waiver program, citizens and nationals from 38 Visa Waiver Countries can enter the United States for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days without obtaining a visa. This enables the tourists to plan their trip on short notice without obtaining a prior visa.
The visitors must,, however, have the following:
- National passport, or other acceptable travel document, which establishes nationality and identity, bearing a photograph.
- Valid passport for the period of intended stay (for at least 6 months).
- You must have a valid visa for entry. Of course, you don’t need require it if you are a citizen of Canada, Bermuda or ESTA covered countries.
Tips for Traveling
- While planning itinerary, price Trans-Continental flights from Atlanta carefully. While many visitors prefer a departure from America from Atlanta rather than New York, they must remember that Trans-Atlantic fares from New York are usually lower.
- While you are in Atlanta, you might want to spend some time on Auburn Avenue. You will find the Ebenezer Baptist Church, the birthplace of Martin Luther King; and The King Center, where tourists experience the life of the civil rights leader. This is free of cost, as there is no admission fee. However, they accept donations.
- You can save few bucks by printing tickets for Six Flags over Georgia before your visit to Atlanta.
- The Museum of Contemporary Art of Georgia is a new addition in Atlanta’s scene, but it displays a large range of art at a nominal charge of $8 admission for adults and $5 for kids.
- Visiting Piedmont Park is a must for your Atlanta visit. Not only it has the nation’s biggest urban parks; it hosts a wide variety of events throughout the year which are a surefire way to make your trip memorable and rich.